Playful Precut Quilts & the Scrappy Hearts Quilt


Playful Precut Quilts is an awesome new quilt book by my good friend Amanda Niederhauser!


All the quilts are based on 12" blocks and there are 15 different blocks.  All are interchangeable which makes it perfectly easy to mix and match for a very personalized quilt!



I snatched up a copy right away and fell in love with the Scrappy Hearts Quilt.


I used Mackinac Island charm packs by Minick & Simpson, some yardage for the backing and binding from the same line, and an ivory Grunge by Basic Grey for the background.


Amanda's cut list is accurate and the directions and tips are very clear.  I try to cut and sew on different days.  I feel like with all the interruptions of regular life, cutting and sewing on different days brings less frustration and is more fun!


The quilt top came together beautifully and quickly.


When it was time to do the quilting, I chose a simple meandering stipple which is easy and fast!


I can't say that my stitching is perfect, but it's good enough for me!


I think my absolute favorite part of quilting is the binding.  It's so fun to be finishing the quilt and the binding is like a sewing magic trick.  I'm amazed by it every time!








My husband finished restoring this dresser at the same time that I finished my quilt so we took a photo together haha!

Amanda's new quilt book is so awesome!  With the 15 different 12" blocks you really have endless quilting possibilities.  I can't wait to try another one!






Comments

Popular Posts