Kiss Me Kate fabric tour!


I'm kicking off the Kiss Me Kate fabric tour with this adorable print ( white polka bow) sewn up using the Carolyn Pajama Pattern by Closet Case Patterns! 

These beautiful fabrics were designed by the super talented Kate from See Kate Sew, for Riley Blake Fabrics, and can be found at Fat Quarter Shop, Fabric.com, and on Amazon.


I needed a new pair of PJ pants and this was the perfect fabric. There are so many cute prints in this line that it was hard to choose, but I finally settled on this low volume, but classic look in black and white. It was love at first sight!


You might be wondering why I would bother making pajama pants when you can buy them so cheap. Being just over 6' tall, and all legs, I can't find any that are long enough. Sewing my own is the perfect solution for me.

I've been eyeing the Carolyn Pajama Pattern for some time and decided that this fabric was the perfect match!



I decided to leave the pockets off, as I don't like the bulk of a pocket in my PJ's, and added 4" in length which was enough for a healthy hem. 

One of the best parts about sewing is that I can customize the length of my garments. Pre-washing the fabric ensures that they won't shrink up on me later!



Sewing with this 100% cotton fabric was a dream! If you've got an hour or so, you can whip up a pair of your own!

Stay tuned for another project using more of the fabrics from this adorable line!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts