Beach Tote Liner


Summer may be officially over, but my beach trips aren't!  Some of the my nicest trips to the beach have been in November and December.  Even on Christmas Day!

I saw this vinyl woven tote at Target early in the season, and knew it would go on clearance eventually.  Sure enough it did and I snatched it up and made a quickie fabric liner to keep the sand out.


Here's how I made it (you could use this method for lining any bag or basket).

I measured around the perimeter and added enough for two seam allowances.  I cut my fabric at that measurement x wof.  I stitched up both sides of the fabric with RST using the seam allowance measurement that I had added in.  I finished the seam with a zig zag stitch along the edge (didn't want to get my serger out).


I measured the width of the inside of the tote.  My bag is 6" wide on the inside.


I folded the fabric so the side seam was flat against the bottom of the bag RST.  This creates a triangle.  I placed my ruler at the 6" mark as shown, drew a line on the fabric, and pinned it in place.


I stitched along the drawn line.  Now the fabric liner has a boxed shape.


Place the fabric liner inside the bag and mark the placement and size of the handle hole. I used a 2 1/2" strip of fabric and cut it long enough to extend about an inch longer than the handle hole marking.  Stitch around the marking using a 1/4" seam allowance.


Cut along the marked line stopping about 1/4" before the end and then cut into each corner as shown.


Flip the fabric to the back side, and iron in place with Heat-n-Bond.


Determine how far you want the liner to hang over the outside of the bag.  Don't forget to leave enough length for the casing.  Trim of any excess length.  Make two buttonholes in the appropriate spots in the center front of the liner.  Fold the fabric WST and stitch the casing.  I made my own tie with a strip of white fabric and threaded it through the casing with a safty pin.


There you go.  A perfect fit!




Now, stuff it full of snacks and head to the beach!








Comments

  1. I'm 55-year-old from Korean, I was diagnosed with second-stage liver cancer following a scheduled examination to monitor liver cirrhosis. I had lost a lot of weight. A CT scan revealed three tumors; one in the center of my liver in damaged tissue and two in healthy portions of my liver. No chemotherapy or radiotherapy treatment was prescribed due to my age, the number of liver tumors. One month following my diagnosis I began taking 12 (350 point) Salvestrol supplements per day, commensurate with my body weight. This comprised six Salvestrol Shield (350 point) capsules and six Salvestrol Gold (350 point) capsules, spread through the day by taking two of each capsule after each main meal. This level of Salvestrol supplementation (4,000 points per day) was maintained for four months. In addition, I began a program of breathing exercises, chi exercises, meditation, stretching and stress avoidance. Due to the variety of conditions that I suffered from, I received ongoing medical examinations. Eleven months after commencing Salvestrol supplementation But all invalid so I keep searching for a herbal cure online that how I came across a testimony appreciating Dr Itua on how he cured her HIV/Herpes, I contacted him through email he listed above, Dr Itua sent me his herbal medicine for cancer to drink for two weeks to cure I paid him for the delivering then I received my herbal medicine and drank it for two weeks and I was cured until now I'm all clear of cancer, I will advise you to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center On Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com. WhatsApps Number...+2348149277967. If you are suffering from Diseases listed below, Cancer, HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Bladder cancer,Brain cancer,Colon-Rectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Prostate Cancer,
    ?Esophageal cancer,?Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,?Hodgkin lymphoma
    ?Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,?Multiple myeloma,?Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,?Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,?Sinus cancer,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,?Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,?Vulvar cancer,Hepatitis, Chronic Illness. Lupus,Fibromyalgia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts